Each of the members of Ryan, Morton & Imms have years of experience in handling civil & orphan’s court litigation matters.
General business and commercial litigation handled by the firm attorneys has involved, by way of example:
- Non-competition and non-disclosure claims, for both employer and employee on an emergency basis
- Recoveries under a production or payment contract
- Landowner representation on environmental claims
- Lessee defense against office equipment financing companies including De Lage Landen
- Construction litigation contracts
- Bank representation on distribution of trust assets and other matters
- Internal shareholder and partnership disputes
- Landlord and tenant representation on landlord/tenant claims
- Termination disputes of companies or partnerships
- Collection of accounts receivables
- Business representation on tax claims by federal and state authorities
- Business defense on unemployment claims
The firm regularly handles Orphan’s Court litigation, which includes:
- Prosecution and defense of will contests
- Claims regarding distribution of estate property
- Approval of distribution of funds due minors
- Guardianships for minors and incapacitated persons
- Estate and fiduciary accountings and objections to accountings
Other litigation has included, by way of example:
- Personal injury claims
- Real estate litigation, including quiet title, eminent domain, mortgage foreclosure and partition actions
- Suits for and against banks for dispersal of funds
- Defense of individuals on improper tax assessments by the I.R.S.
- Federal district court claim to recover social security benefits
Our attorneys vigorously and frequently represents businesses and individuals in court. Our clients benefit from our varied background and experience, including criminal prosecution and criminal defense; extensive business, commercial and tax litigation; and personal injury representation for both plaintiff and defendants. Having tried cases to verdict before juries, judges, boards and arbitrators, the attorneys at Ryan, Morton & Imms will take our client’s cases to a final determination where the claim or defenses warrant.
The firm of Ryan, Morton & Imms handles other litigation and quasi-litigation matters, including social security disability claims, expungement of dismissed criminal charges and child welfare cases. We are able to refer other matters not directly handled by our attorneys, to attorneys with which we have a long-standing relationship.
Please contact the law firm of Ryan, Morton & Imms should you need litigation assistance.